[ogsa-wg] RM teleconference on the 7th: sync with OGSA-BES

Fred Maciel fred-m at crl.hitachi.co.jp
Fri Jun 3 18:38:08 CDT 2005

Hi,

     And now for something slightly different. OGSA-BES-WG decided to use
CIM to model the container, and we have to work on the semantics (choosing
what to include from CIM) and the rendering (how we show that). We will use
the Resource Management (RM) teleconference as a way to join the CIM experts
and the related OGSA-BES participants to discuss the details. Examples of
things to discuss:

- Do we choose the container properties by CIM classes or by CIM property?
What do do if a property in a class has nothing to do with the container?
- How to render these classes and properties so that they can be accessed?
- What are the properties of a container? Jobs? Operating system? Host
information such as CPU architecture?
- How this relates to the short-term milestone of showing JSIM attributes?

     This teleconference will be an important synchronization point between
OGSA-BES and the RM design team, and a golden opportunity to get lots of
questions on CIM answered. On the other hand, we won't have time to discuss
the CIM-GLUE-JSDL comparision in this teleconference.

Date: Tuesday, June 7th, at the following times:
- 11:00-12:00 US Pacific (GMT - 7)
- 12:00-13:00 US Mountain (GMT - 6)
- 13:00-14:00 US Central (GMT - 5)
- 14:00-15:00 US Eastern (GMT - 4)
- 18:00-19:00 GMT
- 19:00-20:00 UK (GMT + 1)
- 20:00-21:00 Central Europe (GMT + 2)
- 03:00-04:00 Japan (GMT + 9, following day) -- sorry.

Dial-in:
     Toll Free:   (888) 422-7120
     Int'l Access:   (608) 250-0194
     Participant code:   693305

If screen sharing is needed, let's use Glance:
  Session key: 0607
  Explanation:
  http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/2004/06/msg00077.html

See you there,