[ogsa-wg] Scoping for Job Creation and Management

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Wed Jan 19 04:32:20 CST 2005

Ian,

On 19 Jan 2005, at 1:32, Ian Foster wrote:

>  This seems reasonable to me at first glance.
>
>  The interesting thing is that there is not that much there, if one
> assumes WSRF/WSN.

Yes I know. If you assume WSRF and WSN and take an aggressive line we
have a minimalist solution:

MJobFactory_create (JSDL_Doucment, Initial_TT) -> EPR

MJob implements WSRF-RP, WSRF-LT, WS-BN
MJob_status as a resource property

And you're done.

Subscribe to value change notification on 'status' and you pretty much
can do all of GRAM, minus the Globus specific bits. I don't think I
would go for this minimal, but it was an interesting exercise. NB: I
know JSDL pretty well and there's a lot there, which helps.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE