[ogsa-wg] RE: GRIDtoday Edition: Tony Hey: 'Challenging Times for GGF & Standards'

Dennis Gannon gannon at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Feb 28 21:23:22 CST 2005

hi Sam,
i don't think MS has any orchestrated view on WSRF at all (but i may
be wrong.)  I think it is more the case that there are people working on
grid standards (outside of microsoft) that feel that what exists in the
ws-spec world is sufficient. hence if there is any onus, it is on those
folks to show us that this is true.  what tony is saying is that users,
i.e. application builders, should not have to deal with these details. The
should see clearly defined OGSA services and they should have an easy
to understand set of interaction patterns to use these services to build
thier applications.  the OGSA point of view is that to be precise in
the definition of these behavior patterns requires a framework like wsrf.

i actually feel that these things can all coexist.  but from the politics
of "what is simple", we seem to live in interesting times.

dennis