[ogsa-wg] RE: GRIDtoday Edition: Tony Hey: 'Challenging Times for GGF & Standards'

Samuel Meder meder at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 28 20:23:47 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 14:38 -0800, Frank Siebenlist wrote:
> Could anyone summarize MS' WS-view, and how it differs from WSRF?

So far I have not seen any substantial difference between the two
approaches and I definitely believe the onus is on MS to show why people
should adopt their proprietary specifications vs. adopting something
that is being developed in a open standards body, is getting very close
to a 1.0 version and has multiple implementations behind it.

/Sam

> Thanks, Frank.
>

> Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Absorbing article by Tony Hey.
> >
> >http://news.tgc.com/nview.jsp?appid=360&print=1#342708
> >----
> >Hiro Kishimoto
> >

> >>                                GRIDtoday
> >>             NEWS AND INFORMATION FOR THE GLOBAL GRID COMMUNITY
> >>                    --- February 28, 2005: Vol. 4, No. 8 ---
> >>           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >>SPECIAL FEATURES
> >>==============================================================
> >>
> >>[ ] M342708 ) WSRF? WS-*? Where is GGF's OGSA Headed?
> >>              By Tony Hey, Contributing Editor
> >>
> >>  Tony Hey, director of e-Science for the Engineering and Physical
> >>Science Research Council, continues to elaborate the need for open
> >>standards in the realm of Web services-based Grid computing. He
> >>discusses the great debate of WSRF vs. WS-*, and lays out what the
GGF

--
Sam Meder <meder at mcs.anl.gov>
The Globus Alliance - University of Chicago