[ogsa-wg] Data: GGF13 sessions; no telcon this week; minutes from last week

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 18:15:16 CST 2005

Dear all,

First, as you will see from
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/GGF13_session_plan
/en/4, the following sessions at GGF13 involve the Data Design Team:

1. OGSA Status and Future, Monday March 14, 1-2.30pm
Hiro will give an OGSA overview; Dave Snelling will introduce the notion
of profiles; then I will present progress on the data architecture.

2. BOF: OGSA ByteIO WG, Monday March 14, 3-4.30pm
This BOF is to discuss whether to create a new WG to write the spec for
the ByteIO interface (a.k.a. BasicFiles interface).  Alternatively an
existing WG might take this on.

3. Basic Data Profile, Tuesday March 15, 11am-12.30pm
This session is to discuss plans for an initial data profile, probably
to contain ByteIO & DAIS, possibly also RNS (if this isn't in a naming
profile) and GridFTP.  I have an action to write an initial draft but I
am behind with my actions and I'd be very happy if someone else took
this on.
If time permits we will also discuss elements of the data architecture
document.

4. Data Service Architecture, Wednesday March 16, 9-10.30am
This session is for discussion of data transfer.

5. Design team report session, Wednesday March 16, 1.30-3pm
All design teams report back to the main OGSA WG.

Second, there will be no telcon this week, as I have not yet updated the
data architecture document following the London meeting.

Third, I attach the minutes from last week's telcon, which you can also
find on GridForge at
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/Minutes_23rd_Febru
ary_2005/en/1

Dave Berry
Research Manager, National e-Science Centre
15 South College St., Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 6514039