[ogsa-wg] OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 8 15:54:54 CST 2005

I wanted to pass on the message that while I can't attend GGF, Karl
Czajkowski <karlcz at univa.com> will be there, and will be able to present
some perspectives from the Globus side on what can be done in this space.

Ian.

At 03:12 AM 2/9/2005 +0900, Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
>Andrew's email bounced.
>
>----
>Hiro Kishimoto
>
>From: "Andrew Grimshaw" <grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu>
>To: "'Rajic, Hrabri'" <hrabri.rajic at intel.com>,
>         "'Tom Goodale'" <goodale at cct.lsu.edu>
>Cc: <saga-rg at ggf.org>, <ogsa-wg at ggf.org>,
>         "'Bill Nitzberg'" <bill at computer.org>,
>         "'Stephen Pickles'" <stephen.pickles at man.ac.uk>
>Subject: RE: [ogsa-wg] OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission
>Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:25:55 -0500
>
>I've been preparing a Basic EMS Services BOF request based on the EMS
>documents
>we have and on the results of last week's EMS F2F in London. The proposed WG
>does NOT collide in anyway with JSDL. It is not about "job submission" - it is
>about execution management at is simplest. It is highly complementary in the
>sense that JSDL is about description - and the proposed WG is about
>services to
>realize what JSDL specifies. I will be reporting on in during the call
>tonight -
>as called for in the agenda Hiro sent around.

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org