[ogsa-wg] RE: [saga-rg] Re: OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue Feb 8 14:07:06 CST 2005

> 4) Simple job submission BoF preparation (30 min)

line does not reflect well what was meant as a work for the group.  The
choice of words was simply unfortunate.  What OGSA-WG had in mind should
have come as an input from discussions summarized in the attached
document which mostly appears to not have direct relevance for SAGA-RG
work.  It this point I pass the role of the middleman to Chris who
should be able to give more background for the SAGA-RG if necessary.

Let me put my industry hat and clarify the last point.
Even though Grid APIs are not the same as the MPI standard, just imagine
having different MPI standards for physicists, biochemists, CS people,
etc all approved by the same standards body.  I do not know if SAGA API
could answer everyone's Grid API needs, but it is worth a try.

    -Hrabri