[ogsa-wg] BES query

Mark McKeown zzalsmm3 at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 08:53:39 CDT 2005

Hi Tom,

> >If so,
> > then a unique AbstractName is needed in order to accurately resolve
> > EPRs, especially considering the potential service migration.
>
> I think that AbstractName is certainly one approach to solving this
> problem.  Remember that ReferenceParameters are used to provide information
> to the RECEIVER(wsa:to) to disambiguate the resource for dispatch.

I am confused by this - according to the WS-Addressing working
group ReferenceParameters are designed to support stateful
interactions (similar to the use of cookies with HTTP) -
not to identify resources. They CAN be used to identify resources
but this is not best practice according to the working group.

see http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i001
and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2004Dec/0051

thanks
Mark