[ogsa-wg] BES query

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 29 13:56:30 CDT 2005

I believe that the opinion was expressed by some at the San Diego meeting
(e.g., by Steve Tuecke) that WS-Names should NOT be mandated.

It certainly defines a nice way of using EPRs that will be useful in some
situations. But it surely can't be the case that we always want to mandate
this particular set of extensions to EPRs. That requirement certainly
doesn't jibe with how we use them in all cases, for example.

Ian.

At 09:25 AM 8/29/2005 -0400, Andrew Grimshaw wrote:

>All,
>
>In the BES working group call last week the issue of naming came up. The
>current DRAFT specification calls for passing WS-Names in and out of the
>various function calls. There was the question as to whether EPRs is all
>that should be specified. We thought this is an OGSA issue: mainly is OGSA
>endorsing the use of WS-Names where appropriate. Clearly I think we
>should. But this should be discussed.
>
>Andrew

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org