[ogsa-wg] BES query

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Mon Aug 29 13:33:20 CDT 2005

Personally, I view naming as an important part of the basic nature of a
Grid.  OGSA has already bought into the story that a 3-tiered naming
structure is an important part of a workable grid solution.  Given that
WS-Names represent the lower two levels of this hierarchy, it seems that
anything but full endorsement of WS-Names as the OGSA way of handling
resiliant, location transparent, names for grid resources would weaken the
story that OGSA has to tell.  In my personal opinion, I think it's very
important that OGSA endorse WS-Names as a core requirement for usable grid
resources.  Otherwise, various legitimate implementations of OGSA services
will provide varying levels of reliability and accessability which will make
programming grid applications very difficult.

-Mark