[ogsa-rss-wg] Future of OGSA-RSS-WG

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 2 11:13:35 CST 2009

Folks,

In today's session discussion, a proposal was made by our Area
Directors regarding the group.

Since implementations of EPS are likely to require an information
service and discussion on such services is still at an early stage in
OGF -- especially in the Basic Information Service WG -- it is a good
idea let this group hibernate for a while until things on which it
depends mature.

As such, we plan to polish up and publish the Abstract CSG and Basic
EPS specifications as Informational documents and then make the group
dormant.

If anyone has objections to this plan, please email either of the
group chairs or the group (via this list) immediately.

We, the chairs of OGSA-RSS-WG, would like to thank all contributors
and hope that -- as soon as it is feasible again -- we will be able to
fruitfully continue our work.

Regards,
Donal & Alexander

--