[ogsa-rss-wg] First hack at slides for F2F

Soonwook Hwang hwang at grid.nii.ac.jp
Thu Aug 11 21:37:36 CDT 2005

Hi,

I think my confusion with the RS in Donal's picture might comes
from the terminology which we may want to make clear. In the Mathias's
previous mail, Mathias explained Calana using the local RS and  central
RS. I think we shouldn't interchange the local RS and central one because
they plays different roles. The local RS is the one usually sitting
on the local resource like the Calana use-case, directly interacting
with the local resource management system (e.g., maui, PBSPro) to
commit the reservation. Apparently, the local RS should provide an
interface with operations like "make reservation" for committing
reservation to local resource management system and "cancel reservation"
for aborting the reservation are already made. It could be that maybe the
some advanced service container could act as the local RS by providing
such a reservation interface as well as the BES interface.

If the RS in Donal's picture means the local RS, then I think
I am okay with that even if I am still a little bit problem
with mapping the Calana architecture onto the Donal's picture
because I think I understand what Donal means with the
interaction between CSG and RS and between EPS and RS. :-)

How about the Central RS? What is the Central RS about? Does the
RS described in OGSA-EMS architecture (page 25 in the OGSA v1.o spec)
means the local RS or some kind of central RS? Does somebody give
an explanation about the Central RS? What is the major difference
between the local RS and central one in service description and
interface?

Soonwook