[ogsa-rss-wg] First hack at slides for F2F

Mathias Dalheimer dalheimer at itwm.fhg.de
Thu Aug 11 06:08:45 CDT 2005

Hi!

Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> I've been putting together a few slides for the F2F (attached). Any
> feedback would be very welcome.
Thanks for starting this. Some comments:

(1) In general, I agree with the architecture picture. But my
understanding of EMS was that the CSG should be interchangeable
independently of the EPS. This can be done in two ways: We could pass an
EPR to the EPS refering to the CSG, or the Jobmanager could handle the
interaction with both EPS and CSG. The latter one may be handy when
dealing with workflows. I remember Andrew Grimshaw arguing about it -
could you clarify this during the F2F.

(2) We should state that we are working with the GSA-RG to review their
use cases. I included a scentence in the version attached.

(3) How do we deal with the information model people? IMHO, we have to
state what we expect them to include. For the CSG, things are easy: We
need to decide whether a JSDL job fits on the machine. The EPS uses
dynamic information which is more difficult, we need discussion about it.

BTW: In your architecture picture, the EPS is not interacting with the
information system. This should be the case.

(4) I would prefer a neutral background, e.g. the GGF template.

Cheers,
Mathias