[ogsa-rss-wg] First hack at slides for F2F

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 08:46:27 CDT 2005

Mathias Dalheimer wrote:
> (1) In general, I agree with the architecture picture. But my
> understanding of EMS was that the CSG should be interchangeable
> independently of the EPS. This can be done in two ways: We could pass an
> EPR to the EPS refering to the CSG, or the Jobmanager could handle the
> interaction with both EPS and CSG. The latter one may be handy when
> dealing with workflows. I remember Andrew Grimshaw arguing about it -
> could you clarify this during the F2F.

I've not stated how the bits and pieces find out about each other.
Indeed, that's a part of the architecture that we've not touched on yet.

> (2) We should state that we are working with the GSA-RG to review their
> use cases. I included a scentence in the version attached.

Thanks.

> (3) How do we deal with the information model people? IMHO, we have to
> state what we expect them to include. For the CSG, things are easy: We
> need to decide whether a JSDL job fits on the machine. The EPS uses
> dynamic information which is more difficult, we need discussion about it.
>
> BTW: In your architecture picture, the EPS is not interacting with the
> information system. This should be the case.

Perhaps. I've instead been thinking about a model where the EPS does not
interact with the IS directly. This is going to be an interesting topic
of discussion I feel. :^)

> (4) I would prefer a neutral background, e.g. the GGF template.

I couldn't find the template. I've found something though (including the
IP statement) so that's incorporated now.

See the updated version attached.

Donal.