[ogsa-rss-wg] OGSA-RSS Agenda Topic

Philipp Wieder ph.wieder at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jan 25 02:22:49 CST 2006

Hi Donal,

Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> Mathias Dalheimer wrote:
>> As Philipp already stated: This is a twofold presentation. The
>> architecture topics are covered in GSA. In this presentation, they
>> will give us more information about their interfaces and interaction.
>> I think this will take approx. 25 minutes.
>>
>> But nevertheless, we have a timing problem. Next time, we should ask
>> for two sessions. Can you tell me which specific topics you want to
>> discuss? Then I can volunteer to create an agenda. The agenda so far
>> is (just collecting, no order intended):
>>
>> (1) Service description milestone discussion
>> (2) Presentation: Scheduler Interfaces in the ASKALON Grid Environment
>> (3) Candidate Ordering Language discussion
>
> I think the presentation has to go at the end. We're already one GGF
> behind our schedule (from our charter) and that means we *really* need
> to get on with it. Presentations to us are not our core activity; we're
> a working group and not a research group. As such, we can only really
> have time for show-and-tell stuff if we've covered our core business
> first. I'm sorry to be hard on this, but I think it's part of being a
> co-chair.
you convinced me. Looking at the topics you listed below I share your
view that it will be even tough to discuss these. But there won't be
neither a chance to introduce the group and its activities to newbies
nor to have presentations like the one we are discussing. Therefore the
remaining question is why the group did not apply for two sessions?

Best regards, Philipp.