[ogsa-rss-wg] OGSA-RSS Agenda Topic

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 05:25:40 CST 2006

Mathias Dalheimer wrote:
> As Philipp already stated: This is a twofold presentation. The
> architecture topics are covered in GSA. In this presentation, they will
> give us more information about their interfaces and interaction. I think
> this will take approx. 25 minutes.
>
> But nevertheless, we have a timing problem. Next time, we should ask for
> two sessions. Can you tell me which specific topics you want to discuss?
> Then I can volunteer to create an agenda. The agenda so far is (just
> collecting, no order intended):
>
> (1) Service description milestone discussion
> (2) Presentation: Scheduler Interfaces in the ASKALON Grid Environment
> (3) Candidate Ordering Language discussion

I think the presentation has to go at the end. We're already one GGF
behind our schedule (from our charter) and that means we *really* need
to get on with it. Presentations to us are not our core activity; we're
a working group and not a research group. As such, we can only really
have time for show-and-tell stuff if we've covered our core business
first. I'm sorry to be hard on this, but I think it's part of being a
co-chair.

As for agenda, I think we've got quite a few things to discuss. I hope
to have an abstract specification of a CSG (using my idea of CSG as
itself an abstract concept) done by the time we go to Athens, and that
should stimulate quite a bit of discussion. We then need to discuss:

  * Whether splitting CSG/EPS the way I'm thinking of is a good idea.

  * Ways of concretizing into WSRF, WS-Transfer (et al) and/or REST.
    Especially, how many of these do we need to do?

  * What is the nature of a candidate document? This is *very* important
    and I'm not convinced any more that at the abstract level we can
    mandate WS-Agreement since that spec is bound tightly to WSRF.

  * Possibly some things about the COL, but my idea there is that that is
    just a language that can be plugged in in an extensibility point in
    the core specification, and not that it is the only possible thing.

I also expect many of these discussions to take longer than I expect. OK
that sounds backwards, but it certainly fits my experience of standards
work... :-/

Donal.