[ogsa-hpcp-wg] NorduGrid wants to join "SC2007 HPC Profile Interop Fest"

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Fri Oct 26 09:09:49 CDT 2007

Dear Marty Humphrey,

NorduGrid would like to take part in this year's HPCP SC07 interoperability
demonstrations (Nordugrid will have its own booth at SC07). During the GIN
session at OGF21 we were informed that the HPCP group and you were coordinating
this year's event. Unfortunately because of overlapping program we could not
attend the "HPC Profile -- SC 2008 interopfest" session at OGF21. Would it be
possible to read the notes if there are such (was this session really about SC08
and not SC07)?

NorduGrid coordinates the development of the Advanced Resource Connector  (ARC)
middleware. As part of the recent ongoing development ARC acquired a new job
management interface, the A-REX component which is a BES-compliant and JSDL
capable job submission and management interface.

As a first step we'd already listed NorduGrid's A-REX on the SC07 HPCP page as
an implementation
(http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/projects.ogsa-hpcp-wg/wiki) and studied all the
available material on the gridforge, joined the HPCP OGSA-WG (Gabor Roczei is
our representative).

Unfortunately, the information available on the "SC2007 HPC Profile Interop Fest
Status" and the linked "HPC Basic Profile Compliance test" pages leaves many
questions open. In particular, we'd like to know more about the followings:

1) how will the security be treated?, what will be used for
authentication/authorization?

2) what sort of jobs will be submitted and by what kind of client(s)? Would be
useful to be able to check out an example jsdl job request.
Is the HPCBasicProfileComplianceTester page already functional?

3) What are the plans related to data stage in?

4) In general, what is the communication channel for the SC07 preparations,
where can we post our questions? Is it the ogsa-hpcp-wg at ogf.org mailing list?

best regards,

Balazs Konya
Technical Coordinator
NorduGrid Collaboration

ps: Marty, due to the approaching SC07 i decided to post my mail directly to the
ogsa-hpcp-wg list as well. If this is the right discussion forum let's keep the
discussion here.