[ogsa-hpcp-wg] MS HPCBasicProfile Web Service

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Mon Oct 16 11:58:04 CDT 2006

On 16/10/06 08:38, "Peter G. Lane" <lane at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> By the way ... it's not anonymous https ... we are authenticating the server
>> with SSL.
>
> Right, "https" means http over SSL. "Anonymous" means anonymous SSL
> authentication. What am I missing?

Sorry ... anonymous to me mean http over SSL so there is an encrypted
connection but with no authentication using SSL. We're requiring connecting
to a server that has a proper certificate, so the server is authenticated
via SSL. The client is authenticated using the WS-Security Username Token.

-- Chris