[ogsa-hpcp-wg] MS HPCBasicProfile Web Service

Peter G. Lane lane at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 16 10:38:31 CDT 2006

Christopher Smith wrote:
> Can I be clear on something?
>
> Instead of:
>
>     https://aristotle.dreadnought.org:9090
>
> You want:
>
>     <wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
>         <wsa:Address>https://aristotle.dreadnought.org:9090</wsa:Address>
>     </wsa:EndpointReference>
>
> ... for my endpoint, at any rate. I'm guessing that yours will require me to
> set some SOAP header blocks based on the WS-Addressing SOAP binding. I had
> hoped to avoid this detail for now....

I'm not sure what else I can tell you. We require EPRs for interop and I expected this not to be a
problem since it's being used in the spec. I didn't think it was optional to support just enough of
WS-Addressing to be able to return an Activity EPR. Saying BES uses WS-Addressing to me means we
completely support WS-Addressing.

> By the way ... it's not anonymous https ... we are authenticating the server
> with SSL.

Right, "https" means http over SSL. "Anonymous" means anonymous SSL authentication. What am I missing?

Peter