[ogsa-hpcp-wg] MS HPCBasicProfile Web Service

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Sun Oct 15 04:44:29 CDT 2006

Chris, Peter, all,

Christopher Smith wrote:
> Can I be clear on something?
>
> Instead of:
>
>     https://aristotle.dreadnought.org:9090
>
> You want:
>
>     <wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
>         <wsa:Address>https://aristotle.dreadnought.org:9090</wsa:Address>
>     </wsa:EndpointReference>

Yes. Well, I would expect whatever EPR as long as it addresses your
interop service.

> On 14/10/06 10:47, "Peter G. Lane" <lane at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Michel Drescher wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> It really shouldn't be that difficult to define a simple (I mean
>>> *really* simple!) factory WSDL having one method with no input that
>>> returns exactly one EPR. Agreeing on a transport binding shouldn't be
>>> that difficult either, shouldn't it?

>> Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why are you suggesting a method to
>> retrieve the EPR? I'd still need an EPR to call an operation that returns the
>> service's EPR, so it doesn't make much sense to me. If there's no
>> discovery mechanism, then I'd suggest just writing the EPR to a log
file and
>> distributing it from that.

Call that factory a "discovery mechanism". That factory just doesn't use
WS-Addressing (i.e. does not make use of the "wsaw:useAddressing" (or
something like that) attribute in its WSDL) except that it returns an
EPR to the interop service itself. The only thing you have to publish is
the factory's URL.

Cheers,
Michel

--