[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Globus Status

Mark Morgan mmm2a at cs.virginia.edu
Mon Nov 6 10:15:47 CST 2006

Well, personally, I believe that the discussion before revolved around
whether or not people were required to post EPRs to the WIKI pages for
degenerate EPRs where only the Address field had a value (i.e., where
metadata and reference parameters were empty or null as allowed by spec.).
Since such an EPR is identical in informational content to a play URL,
people believed that they shouldn't be required to post EPRs.  However, at
no point did we decide to dissalow WS-Addressing of endpoint should an
implementation choose to use them.  Chris (and please correct me Chris if I
mis-represent you) certainly expressed a desire to avoid implementing
WS-Addressing on his client side, but has since done so in order to achieve
interoperability with the GenesisII endpoint as our endpoint requires the
ReferenceParameters header elements.  Others in the HPC interop group, can
you confirm or deny my interpretation of the early discussion?  Is my
endpoint out of spec., or am I correct in assuming that I am welcome to use
WS-Addressing for my endpoint (i.e., to require ReferenceParameters in the
headers.)?

-Mark

--
Mark Morgan