[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Globus Status

Peter G. Lane lane at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 6 10:35:43 CST 2006

I'm a little frustrated because I thought I made it clear when I was pushing for EPRs as a
requirement that we needed clients to support the WS-Adressing headers. But since it sounded as
though people didn't want to bother with this, I capitulated and made my service use a singleton
resource that didn't need an EPR, limiting it's capabilities and wasting time. So now I find that
people have agreed off list to support such a scenario and I'm left with not being interoperable.

What I'm saying is that I don't have an objection to this in principle, but it would have been nice
if someone would have clarified this earlier on the list when I was arguing the that my service
would also need to add a ReferenceParameters element. I saw no discussion of people implementing the
soap headers in clients so that they could interop with such services.

Peter