[ogsa-d-wg] OGSA Data replication scenarios - v0.6

Stephen Davey sdavey at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 09:29:19 CST 2005

Hi there,

Following on from the replication ideas talked about at the OGSA-D
telcon last week I have updated the scenarios document, in particular
the replication scenarios in sections 3.4.1 & 3.4.2.  (See attached doc
v0.6).

There was some discussion as to whether the scenarios should be
incorporated into the main OGSA Data Architecture document. I think they
should perhaps be kept separate. The OGSA Data Architecture document
would then be well over 100 pages if they were included, which would be
getting rather a lot. Plus the OGSA Data Architecture document talks
about the individual architectural components and services, whereas the
scenarios document gives examples of how these components can fit
together in particular cases. But the odd picture in the Data
Architecture document might also be very useful, so we could perhaps
include say one of the replication (functional) diagrams and maybe one
of the data integration pictures.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Stephen Davey,  NextGrid Software Architect,

National e-Science Centre,

15 South College St., Edinburgh, EH8 9AA, UK

Tel: +44 131 6 509820