[ogsa-d-wg] OGSA Data replication scenarios - v0.6

Allen Luniewski luniew at almaden.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 18:41:15 CST 2005

Stephen,

Nicely done!  I had time to give this a thorough reading this afternoon,
so there are many (mostly minor) comments.

Allen

"Stephen Davey" <sdavey at nesc.ac.uk>
Sent by: owner-ogsa-d-wg at ggf.org
11/14/2005 07:29 AM

<ogsa-d-wg at ggf.org>
cc

Subject
[ogsa-d-wg] OGSA Data replication scenarios - v0.6

Hi there,
Following on from the replication ideas talked about at the OGSA-D telcon
last week I have updated the scenarios document, in particular the
replication scenarios in sections 3.4.1 & 3.4.2.  (See attached doc v0.6).

There was some discussion as to whether the scenarios should be
incorporated into the main OGSA Data Architecture document. I think they
should perhaps be kept separate. The OGSA Data Architecture document would
then be well over 100 pages if they were included, which would be getting
rather a lot. Plus the OGSA Data Architecture document talks about the
individual architectural components and services, whereas the scenarios
document gives examples of how these components can fit together in
particular cases. But the odd picture in the Data Architecture document
might also be very useful, so we could perhaps include say one of the
replication (functional) diagrams and maybe one of the data integration
pictures.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Stephen Davey,  NextGrid Software Architect,
National e-Science Centre,
15 South College St., Edinburgh, EH8 9AA, UK
Tel: +44 131 6 509820
 [attachment "OGSA Data Scenarios v0.6.doc" deleted by Allen
Luniewski/Almaden/IBM]