[ogsa-bes-wg] Re: [jsdl-wg] Questions and potential changes to JSDL, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Fri Jun 16 06:11:56 CDT 2006

On Jun 16, Donal K. Fellows modulated:
> The immediate pragmatic step is to say that only exact comparison of
> CPU, OS and App types/versions is possible, and to recommend that jobs
> leave as much information out as possible. Actually, the same problem
> exists with the JSDL Host resource, which should also usually be left
> out. It's going to be easy for people to overspecify their requirements,
> but since there are going to be use-cases for such highly specified
> stuff I can't see it being practical to drop them completely.

What about introducing a disjunctive constraint syntax to allow
listing of multiple types, and only one needs to match?  This is
similar to the host matching, where obviously no single host matches
all the different names... it also seems consistent w/ the use of
the range-value concept on numeric constraints.

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com