[ogsa-bes-wg] New version of OGSA-BES Document

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 5 05:44:46 CDT 2006

Dear All:

I have done some more editing on the OGSA-BES document, to produce version
18 (enclosed). Change tracking shows edits since Version 17. I have not yet
uploaded this document to GridForge: I need to get registered as a BES
member first.

As before, my goal has been to improve clarity and consistency without
inserting my own interpretations or prejudices. Of course I may not have
been completely successful ...

The main changes relative to the version 17 are as follows:

* Produced an "introduction" that attempts to motivate and summarize the
contents of the BES specification.

* Tried to standardize on terminology by using consistently the term
"activity" rather than "job" or "task." (Previously we used all three
somewhat interchangeably.)

* Tried to standardize on "attribute" as the things that we define in our
"information model"

* Adopted the term "resource model free" (RMF) for the second rendering.

Ian.