[OGSA-AUTHZ] checkpointing the discussion on VO attributes

Valerio Venturi valerio.venturi at cnaf.infn.it
Mon Jan 21 09:31:36 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 15:52 +0100, Chad La Joie wrote:
> Yes, when I made the comment about the VO needing an entity ID I was
> thinking that a VO would be represented by a distinct piece of software.
>   Given my updated understanding that a single piece of software might
> represent multiple VOs, then yes, I think the VO attribute is needed.
> What does need an entity ID is the VO software system.

Thinking in VOMS terms, where service instances and VO have a one-to-one
or many-to-one relationship, I liked the idea. But there's the need for
having one-to-may relationships. If I understand correclty, Krzysztof
were thinking about doing something like

<saml:Attribute
  FriendlyName="vo"
  <saml:AttributeValue xsi:type="xsd:string">
    aVo
  </saml:AttributeValue>
  <saml:AttributeValue xsi:type="xsd:string">
    anotherVo
  </saml:AttributeValue>
</saml:Attribute>

If we go for that, on the line of the agreement on roles and groups,
that a role scoped in a group must not be present if the group is not
present , I guess the same must be done for groups. Groups
hierarchically based in a VO must not be present is the vo is not
present.

Valerio