[OGSA-AUTHZ] Implementations

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:21:13 CST 2007

On 11/27/07, Tom Scavo <trscavo at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a section on conformance in the Deployment Profiles but it
> doesn't hurt to emphasize this in the Attribute Exchange Profile.  I
> wouldn't introduce new terminology, however.  (You'll note in the new
> version of the Attribute Exchange Profile I sent yesterday that I
> changed the terminology to agree with that in the Deployment
> Profiles.)

Looking at this a second time, I see that the Deployment Profiles
don't go quite far enough.  They introduce the terms

- Extended Mode X.509 Attribute Query/Requester
- Extended Mode X.509 Attribute Self-Query/Requester

but we also need something like

- Extended Mode X.509 Attribute Query/Responder
- Extended Mode X.509 Attribute Self-Query/Responder

This should be added to the Deployment Profiles but unfortunately I
can't modify the document right now since it's awaiting 60-day Public
Review.  Speaking of which, the document has already been submitted to
OASIS management for Public Review, but the process is being held up
for some reason.  Once it's released for Public Review, I'll announce
on this list so someone can make the above comment ;-)

Tom