[OGSA-AUTHZ] Implementations

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:41:26 CST 2007

On 11/27/07, Valerio Venturi <valerio.venturi at cnaf.infn.it> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 18:54 -0500, Tom Scavo wrote:
> >
> > Are you implementing the SAML Attribute Query Deployment Profile for
> > X.509 Subjects or SAML Attribute Self-Query Deployment Profile for
> > X.509 Subjects (or both)?
>
> The Self-Query is already in place, and the other one is work in
> progress (mainly how to authorize queries is under discussion).

Do you provide a client in addition to a SAML AA?

> Related to this, I think we should add conformance targets to the
> profile, in the style of the OGSA Profile Defintion and WS-I Basic
> Profile. Do you think it would be useful?

There already is a sentence on conformance in the OGSA Attribute
Exchange Profile so I'm not sure what you mean by "conformance
target."  Can you give an example?  Do you mean simply isolating and
expanding that sentence into its own section?

There is a section on conformance in the Deployment Profiles but it
doesn't hurt to emphasize this in the Attribute Exchange Profile.  I
wouldn't introduce new terminology, however.  (You'll note in the new
version of the Attribute Exchange Profile I sent yesterday that I
changed the terminology to agree with that in the Deployment
Profiles.)

Tom