[OGSA-AUTHZ] Comments on "Use of SAML for OGSA AUthorization"

Dane Skow dane at fnal.gov
Fri Jan 14 17:20:13 CST 2005

I agree with your responses and close all my comments save the
following items :

On Jan 12, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Von Welch wrote:

>>  *** Editorial comments ***
>>
>> The "ogsa-saml" XML namespace isn't at the URI listed. Is this a
>> chicken and the egg problem or a problem with the website ?
>> (there are others as well inside the doc)
>
> URI are not URLs. They do not necessarily resolve. In this case the
> URI is purely a unique identifier (like an OID).

I'm confused: doesn't the namespace document need to be publicly
available ? If it's not available by resolving the URI, where should it
be ?
Anyway, my main concern was whether we'd uncovered a problem
with the GGF webpages missing some documents that should be there now.

>> Section 7, paragraph 1, sentence 2, should read "... used to meet OGSA
>> requirements ..." (transposition)
>
> I'm staring at the sentence and it seems to read what you already
> suggest.

In the copy I'm looking at, it says "OSGA" not "OGSA".

Dane