[ogf20pc] Notes from last night's telcon

Malcolm Atkinson mpa at nesc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 23 01:03:58 CST 2007

I would back continuing the developer track for the reasons that Neil gives
and
1) holding it at OGFn brings people to that Forum who we need in order to
identify and define standards; and
2) it probably increases the chances of developers hearing about particular
OGF standards and adopting them.

Those two effects were behind the idea of developer tracks.
The idea should be pursued consistently for it to have a chance of having
significant effects.  This is likely to be a more direct effect and have a
larger impact than some of the community and enterprise activities we engage
in.

Malcolm