[ogf20pc] Today's telcon

Geoffrey Fox gcf at grids.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Feb 13 11:12:59 CST 2007

I apologize that ice storm here has made it impossible for me to attend
telecon

Proposed strategy looks good!
I did communicate with IVOA and they indicated that they could even
prefer OGF21 to OGF20
I suggested ET-CG switch to group sessions

The community program is aimed at significant mini-workshops rather than
individual presentations or other 90 minute events that can be done by
group mechanism. I would prefer a few good "significant" projects be
chosen rather than many small ones

Dave Berry wrote:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> There are fewer than 48 proposals, as some proposals requested more than
> one session.
>
> I realise that we won't be able to consider every proposal in detail but
> I would like to briefly consider each one, seeing in which track they
> would best fit.  I agree that a more detailed consideration will have to
> take place off-line.
>
> I would also like to see whether we want to respond to some proposers
> with alternative possibilities.  E.g. for some, we might ask whether
> they would consider running in fewer sessions.  For others, we might
> suggest they are more appropriate as group sessions, or that they give a
> presentation in the Grids Mean Business track instead of running in a
> separate session.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Dave.

>>> 1 - Not suitable for OGF.
>>> 2 - A session that fails some of the criteria and should only be
>>> included if we need to fill slots.
>>> 3 - A good session that fits all or most of the criteria;
>>>
>> to be included
>>
>>> if slots is available.
>>> 4 - A good session that fits all the criteria; to be
>>>
>> included if possible.
>>
>>> 5 - An excellent session that should be included no matter what
>>>
>>> The dialin details are as before:
>>> International dialin: +44 145 254 2309
>>> USA Freephone: 1 866 838 0046
>>> UK number: 0845 245 0224
>>> Australia Freephone: 180 010 9603
>>>
>>> Passcode: 275359
>>>
>>> Dave Berry
>>> Deputy Director, Research & E-infrastructure Development
>>> National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
>>> Edinburgh, EH8 9AA                  +44 131 651 4039

:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org
: Phones Cell 812-219-4643 Home 8123239196 Lab 8128567977
: SkypeIn 812-669-0772 with voicemail, International cell 8123910207