[occi-wg] Draft of OCCI 1.1 profile for VM templates/flavours

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Mar 17 13:16:07 EDT 2015

Hi,

Hmm. mostly OK but I think we have to look ahead.  HTTP/2 will certainly be through the publication pipeline by the time that OCCI 1.2 makes it to publications tatus for review.

Some up to date references:

https://http2.github.io

http://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/02/http2-approved/

http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue2.html#draft-ietf-httpbis-http2

You may also want to look through the FAQ items:

https://http2.github.io/faq/

I think that all that is necessary right now is to take note (as has been stated before by members of this group) that HTTP/2 does not affect the design or basic use of the OCCI specs, and initiate a study to explore the practical use of HTTP/2 with OCCI (1.1. or 1.2).

For the latter, please join the “Cloud Interoperability testbed” project on Chameleon (http://chameleoncloud.org) (project FG-176) and/or the “cacnetworking” project on CloudLab (http://cloudlab.us) if your project has something to do with networking or would be a better fit there. These projects are new, managed by me, and approved specifically to do testing in multiple cloud software environments for interoperability and standards-based software. I would like to encourage the entire OCCI working group, and any other group member of standards efforts in other organizations to join. Accounts are free, the projects are new, and the door is open to participation from this group.

Alan