[occi-wg] Fwd: Invitation to the joint SDOs/Fora Workshop (4th June at TMF Week in Nice): on Industry Harmonization for Unified Standards on AMC (Autonomics), SDN, NFV, 5G, ..

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Mar 17 09:50:17 EDT 2015

FYI in case it didn't already get to you by other channels.

Alan

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ranganai Chaparadza <ran4chap at yahoo.com<mailto:ran4chap at yahoo.com>>
Date: March 12, 2015 at 6:59:14 PM CDT
To: "georgedobrowski at mail01.huawei.com<mailto:georgedobrowski at mail01.huawei.com>" <georgedobrowski at mail01.huawei.com<mailto:georgedobrowski at mail01.huawei.com>>, BEN MERIEM Tayeb IMT/OLN <tayeb.benmeriem at orange.com<mailto:tayeb.benmeriem at orange.com>>, Kenneth Dilbeck <kdilbeck at tmforum.org<mailto:kdilbeck at tmforum.org>>, "STEVEN A. WRIGHT" <sw3588 at att.com<mailto:sw3588 at att.com>>, John Strassner <john.sc.strassner at huawei.com<mailto:john.sc.strassner at huawei.com>>, John Strassner <strazpdj at gmail.com<mailto:strazpdj at gmail.com>>, "Klaus Martiny" <klaus.martiny at telekom.de<mailto:klaus.martiny at telekom.de>>, STEFAN ENGEL-FLECHSIG <stefan.engel-flechsig at ngmn.org<mailto:stefan.engel-flechsig at ngmn.org>>, Klaus Moschner <klaus.moschner at ngmn.org<mailto:klaus.moschner at ngmn.org>>, "manish_patil at dell.com<mailto:manish_patil at dell.com>" <manish_patil at dell.com<mailto:manish_patil at dell.com>>, Mehmet Ulema <mehmet.ulema at manhattan.edu<mailto:mehmet.ulema at manhattan.edu>>, Takashi Egawa <t-egawa at ct.jp.nec.com<mailto:t-egawa at ct.jp.nec.com>>, FRANCISCO JAVIER RAMON SALGUERO <fjrs at tid.es<mailto:fjrs at tid.es>>, Latif Ladid <latif at ladid.lu<mailto:latif at ladid.lu>>, Ciprian Popoviciu <chip at nephos6.com<mailto:chip at nephos6.com>>, Corbi Cecilia Maria <ceciliamaria.corbi at telecomitalia.it<mailto:ceciliamaria.corbi at telecomitalia.it>>, Christiantoche Toche <christian.toche at huawei.com<mailto:christian.toche at huawei.com>>, Niranth Amogh <namogh at huawei.com<mailto:namogh at huawei.com>>, "Chenshan (Sunny)" <chenshan at huawei.com<mailto:chenshan at huawei.com>>, 'Zoltán Lajos Kis' <zoltan.lajos.kis at ericsson.com<mailto:zoltan.lajos.kis at ericsson.com>>, Pinnola Andrea <andrea.pinnola at telecomitalia.it<mailto:andrea.pinnola at telecomitalia.it>>, "Yanick Pouffary (gmail)" <yanick.pouffary at gmail.com<mailto:yanick.pouffary at gmail.com>>, "Jerry Zhu (Wenjie)" <jerry.zhuwenjie at huawei.com<mailto:jerry.zhuwenjie at huawei.com>>, Likepeng <likepeng at huawei.com<mailto:likepeng at huawei.com>>, Dave Milham <dmilham at tmforum.org<mailto:dmilham at tmforum.org>>, Banzi Massimo <massimo.banzi at telecomitalia.it<mailto:massimo.banzi at telecomitalia.it>>, Robin Mersh <rmersh at broadband-forum.org<mailto:rmersh at broadband-forum.org>>, Hui Li <hui.li at huawei.com<mailto:hui.li at huawei.com>>, "Bob Cohen" <bcohen at tmforum.org<mailto:bcohen at tmforum.org>>, "Michael Behringer (mbehring)" <mbehring at cisco.com<mailto:mbehring at cisco.com>>, Stephen Fratini <stephen.fratini at ericsson.com<mailto:stephen.fratini at ericsson.com>>, "jean-marie.calmel at oracle.com<mailto:jean-marie.calmel at oracle.com>" <jean-marie.calmel at oracle.com<mailto:jean-marie.calmel at oracle.com>>, "Masakatsu FUJIWARA" <masa.fujiwara at hco.ntt.co.jp<mailto:masa.fujiwara at hco.ntt.co.jp>>, "egawa at ieee.org<mailto:egawa at ieee.org>" <egawa at ieee.org<mailto:egawa at ieee.org>>, Guchong <guchong at huawei.com<mailto:guchong at huawei.com>>, Latif Ladid <latif.ladid at uni.lu<mailto:latif.ladid at uni.lu>>, "Pekka.Olli at teliasonera.com<mailto:Pekka.Olli at teliasonera.com>" <pekka.olli at teliasonera.com<mailto:pekka.olli at teliasonera.com>>, "robert.bohn at nist.gov<mailto:robert.bohn at nist.gov>" <robert.bohn at nist.gov<mailto:robert.bohn at nist.gov>>, "Richard.Hughes-Jones at dante.net<mailto:Richard.Hughes-Jones at dante.net>" <Richard.Hughes-Jones at dante.net<mailto:Richard.Hughes-Jones at dante.net>>, "alan.sill at ttu.edu<mailto:alan.sill at ttu.edu>" <alan.sill at ttu.edu<mailto:alan.sill at ttu.edu>>, Manzalini Antonio <antonio.manzalini at telecomitalia.it<mailto:antonio.manzalini at telecomitalia.it>>, "Dan.Pitt at OpenNetworking.org<mailto:Dan.Pitt at OpenNetworking.org>" <dan.pitt at opennetworking.org<mailto:dan.pitt at opennetworking.org>>, "joel.halpern at ericsson.com<mailto:joel.halpern at ericsson.com>" <joel.halpern at ericsson.com<mailto:joel.halpern at ericsson.com>>, Sam Fuller <sam.fuller at freescale.com<mailto:sam.fuller at freescale.com>>
Subject: Re: Invitation to the joint SDOs/Fora Workshop (4th June at TMF Week in Nice): on Industry Harmonization for Unified Standards on AMC (Autonomics), SDN, NFV, 5G, ..

Dear all,

Please find attached the Workshop agenda we compiled with Tayeb and John. We hope that all of you will be able to join us at the workshop. Otherwise let us know. Our host, TMF, would like to have an estimate of the number of participants in order to support us with arrangements like they did last year. Representatives of the various groups, please feel free to make arrangements to have someone represent your group during the workshop, so as to summarize your group activities to other groups and/or give a summary of topics that could be better harmonized or coordinated by joint SDOs/Fora efforts (aspects to be added to the joint SDOs/Fora White Paper).

This year we are adding the topics of PoCs for Use Cases that combine AMC (Autonomics), SDN and NFV. On the other hand a number of companies are working on Real-Time and Predictive Analytics aspects that pertain to management and control with feedback control-loops,  Dynamic Network Policing and Services (Re-)Programming, Analytics-Driven Orchestration, etc. All these aspects are part of AMC(Autonomics), and so (as indicated in the agenda) we are inviting companies working on such topics that are connected to autonomics to attend the workshop and learn how they can contribute to the efforts in groups that are addressing AMC, namely: ETSI NTECH AFI, TMF ZOOM, IEEE NGSON, ITU-T SG13, etc. Therefore feel free to send the Draft Agenda to companies working on analytics-driven management & control software. Feel free to link interested folks from this topic with us so that we keep estimating the number of participants who will be coming. I mentioned earlier about an article by Joel Halpern on Standards Collision Around SDN, and so we have added this topic as well for brief discussions.

Ken, I will update you with estimated number of participants, and we will will hear from you on how to go about the registrations. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ranganai