[occi-wg] OCCI Core Errata Draft (update)

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Tue Oct 2 09:27:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 12:48:54 +0200, Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net> wrote:
> Hi Ralf, all,
>
> I had a quick look over the document.  It looks good to me in general,
> nice job!

Hi Andre, thanks for taking the time to read the document!

> Two small comments:
>
>   - 'Errata Draft GFD-P-R.183'
>
>     This is not an errata document, but a new GFD document (no matter
>     if it keeps the number or not). The document should thus be
>     clearly marked as a new revision of the OCCI Core specification,
>     which *contains* Errata.

Ok. Let me know what should be there and I will update the draft document.

The purpose of "Errata Draft" at this stage was just to inform that this
is not a final published document. It is still a draft. Maybe I should have
removed the document number altogether.

>     A sentence in that respect in the
>     'Status of this Document' section would be good.

Good point. What is common to put into "Status of this Document" at this
point in the OGF document process?

(I have to start doing my homework in OGF processes...)

>     A statement
>     about how that revision / how thee errata influence depending
>     specs (OCCI infrastructure, OCCI renderings) would also be useful
>     and clarifying.

np, I can add that. Where do you want it in the document?

>   - errata section 6.
>     - <pedantic> please add a page break before that section </pedantic>

Sure, just didn't bother with LaTeX beautification last night. Will fix.

>     - for each item, it would be great if you could add a short
>       statement if that item has any consequences for implementors of
>       the earlier revision, in particular for backward compatibility.

Will do.

Btw, is Section 6 a good location for the Errata summary? Or should it go
further down, e.g. after glossary?

regards, Ralf

http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/core-errata/changes/core.tex

http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/json/changes/json_rendering.tex