[occi-wg] OCCI Core Errata Draft (update)

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Oct 2 06:48:54 EDT 2012

Hi Ralf, all,

I had a quick look over the document.  It looks good to me in general,
nice job!

Two small comments:

  - 'Errata Draft GFD-P-R.183'

    This is not an errata document, but a new GFD document (no matter
    if it keeps the number or not). The document should thus be
    clearly marked as a new revision of the OCCI Core specification,
    which *contains* Errata.  A sentence in that respect in the
    'Status of this Document' section would be good.  A statement
    about how that revision / how thee errata influence depending
    specs (OCCI infrastructure, OCCI renderings) would also be useful
    and clarifying.

  - errata section 6.
    - <pedantic> please add a page break before that section </pedantic>
    - for each item, it would be great if you could add a short
      statement if that item has any consequences for implementors of
      the earlier revision, in particular for backward compatibility.

Best, Andre.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Ralf Nyren <ralf at nyren.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated the OCCI Core document to include the feedback on the last
> errata draft.
>
> Please find a PDF attached and refer to the Git commit log [1] for details.
>
> The document now contains an Errata Summary and is (in my view) close to its
> final state. If you have any pending corrections for OCCI Core now is the
> time to speak up!
>
> Very important to read and provide feedback on the Core errata update and
> the JSON Rendering spec.
>
> regards, Ralf
>
> [1]
> http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/core-errata/changes/core.tex
>
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:54:48 +0200, Feldhaus, Florian
> <florian.feldhaus at gwdg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just spoke with Thijs and we would suggest to skip the TelCo today and
>> encourage everyone to join the TelCo next week 18:00 CET. We would like to
>> discuss all remaining issues with the OCCI Core and OCCI JSON documents and
>> then prepare them for submission to the OGF review process.
>>
>> It is very important, that everyone checks the documents again. The latest
>> versions of the documents can be found here:
>>
>> http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/core-errata/changes/core.tex
>>
>> http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/json/changes/json_rendering.tex
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Florian