[occi-wg] Fwd: ideas for the first sajacc interface - two requests

Michael Behrens michael.behrens at r2ad.com
Sat Jan 22 10:46:26 CST 2011

CDMI come first to mind when address these use cases.  CDMI also
supports searching, which could be another use case.

Also, I believe the OGSA Data Architecture document to be a great
resource.  It covers data caching, synchronization, and inter-cloud
(organization) transfer (moving, etc) which bring to mind additional
use-cases such as data availability.  It does not however cover the
recent advances in cloud distributed file systems (Hadoop, etc) that
might be in uses cases involving aspects of data dispersal and integrity.
     http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.121.pdf

Lastly, a big challenge in my mind regarding data, is in cases where the
underlying data is often changing.  A use case involving sensors
(weather, ocean, etc) would be good to add (I'd be happy to help, let me
know).  That sort of data tends to be collected into a single master
location then distributed via messaging which makes it difficult to run
analytics against all the data.