[occi-wg] Fwd: ideas for the first sajacc interface - two requests

David Wallom david.wallom at oerc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 15:28:37 CST 2011

Hi Alan,

I would venture to suggest that in some ways the interface chosen for all
of these use cases depends on what type of cloud-cloud interaction you
have. Where it is totally decoupled cloud providers, e.g. Amazon and
Elastic hosts then the consumer needs to be more in control as there is
unlikely to be any cloud-cloud agreements in place about synch etc. Where
it is more of a federation of clouds, e.g. A national e-infrastructure
cloud setup that is effectively a hybrid cloud configuration then there
will be much closer cloud-cloud linkage and so richer interfaces and tools
can be used, an example of which might be iRODS/SRB type system which
allows metadata etc to be given to shared cloud resident data. Therefore
the interfaces chosen are a good starting point but for a real quality
user experience you are going to want more.

David

--
Dr David Wallom

+44(0)1865 610601