[occi-wg] Fwd: ideas for the first sajacc interface - two requests

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Fri Jan 21 15:01:51 CST 2011

Any opinions?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee Badger <lee.badger at nist.gov<mailto:lee.badger at nist.gov>>
Date: January 21, 2011 2:37:30 PM CST
To: Multiple recipients of list <cc_sajacc at nist.gov<mailto:cc_sajacc at nist.gov>>
Subject: ideas for the first sajacc interface - two requests

Dear All,

I'd like to suggest that we consider a subset of our use cases in
order to identify the first interfaces for sajacc testing.

The following use cases are data-oriented and, I'm hoping, we'll be
able to make progress with them.

3.4  Copy Data Objects Into A Cloud:  <http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/3_4.cfm> http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/3_4.cfm
3.5.  Copy Data Objects Out of a Cloud: <http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/3_5.cfm> http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/3_5.cfm
3.6.  Erase Data Objects In a Cloud:  <http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/3_6.cfm> http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/3_6.cfm
4.1.  Copy Data Objects between Cloud Providers: <http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/4_1.cfm> http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/4_1.cfm

(1) Please let us know if you'd choose differently by replying to the
mail list.

Regarding interfaces that might satisfy the use cases, in the sajacc
breakout group in Nov. in Gaithersburg, Mark Carlson suggested CDMI as
a possibility, supported with various combinations of secure remove,
FTP, gridFTP, SCP, and OCCI.  There are other possibilities as well.

(2) Assuming 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, and 4.1 are reasonable use cases to start
with, please let the mail list know which data-oriented interfaces you
believe are appropriate for these use cases.

Thanks.

Lee

Lee Badger
Computer Scientist