[occi-wg] occi4java implementation experiences document

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Wed Apr 27 09:50:44 CDT 2011

Experience documents can be of any form, and there can be more than
one if needed.  Many projects take the step of doing this as part of
the process of moving from a proposed to a full recommendation, and
for that reason, often wait until collection of experiences from
several different implementations can be gathered and published
together.  The process of moving from a P-REC to a REC is documented
in GFD.152: http://ogf.org/documents/GFD.152.pdf (basically: 6 months,
documentation of multiple implementations, evidence of community buy-
in, etc.).

Starting the draft process for your experience document might provide
an opportunity for others to chime in.  Alternatively, other people
may choose to compile their own experiences separately in internal
documents and the group can optionally gather them together into a
larger document later.

Other experience documents are available; search on "experience" in
the page http://www.ogf.org/gf/docs/?final&all

Hope this helps,

Alan

On Apr 27, 2011, at 8:12 AM, Sebastian Heckmann wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> our occi4java is now on github (https://github.com/occi4java/
> occi4java)
> under the LGPL license and we are ready to write an implementation
> experience guide, like:
> http://ogf.org/documents/GFD.176.pdf
>
> Are there any ideas about the content? It would be very helpful for
> us.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sebastian Heckmann
> Sebastian Laag

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :