[occi-wg] occi4java implementation experiences document

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Apr 27 14:24:51 CDT 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Sebastian Heckmann
<sebastian.heckmann at uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> our occi4java is now on github (https://github.com/occi4java/occi4java)
> under the LGPL license and we are ready to write an implementation
> experience guide, like:
> http://ogf.org/documents/GFD.176.pdf

It would be great to see work on an OCCI experience document!

> Are there any ideas about the content? It would be very helpful for us.

In general, the goal of an experience document is to evaluate the
viability of a proposed standards specification, and to inform an
iteration of that spec to improve it.  Towards that, an experience
document should address the following points:

  - was the specification clear, understandable, complete,
contradiction free etc?  E.g., was the specification implementable
without any further documentation, or were additional information from
the OCCI mailing list needed which were not available in the spec
itself?

  - were the resulting implementations interoperable with other
implementations, without additional arrangements, code or
configuration exchange, etc?

IMHO it is important to realize that the experience document provides
a crucial opportunity to improve the specification before it gets
frozen in its final stage (OGF recommendation).

Hope that helps,

  Andre.

> Thanks in advance
> Sebastian Heckmann