[occi-wg] OCCI Core ready for public comment version

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:47:54 CST 2010

It took a few days to think about this new model. I think I have reached
the same feeling about structural and non-structural types. From the
language and the rules, it appears non-structural types are defining a
domain/scope not residing in the occi core... While saying we are going
to treat them like tags, but since they are out of scope ?? how do we
interpret them ?

I don't think the the occi core is the correct place for adding support
for extensions. The process of adding extensions is a different type of
use case than modeling occi resources. Extensions requires a different
UML diagram to define it. "An OCCI extension model."

This unstructured type should be removed from the core model.

-gary