[occi-wg] Infrastructure Document

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Fri Nov 5 11:14:06 CDT 2010

> We are using KVM (hw-assisted virt) hence we need to specify both boot
> and storage device type:)

We are also using KVM. I suggest you do same as us and just extend the
existing Compute and Storage creating your own sub-types (as nicely
supported by OCCI). Then you can add the extra attributes needed. Works
nicely for our KVM setup.

> Regarding dhcp... it was a mistyping, sorry. What I really meant is
> adding support for separate DHCP IP
> addresses. Rationale:
>
> * There could be situations when the gateway and the DHCP server are
> different, that is use different
>    IP addresses. Meanwhile:
> * It seems to be a general feature that the cloud manages IP address
> leasing - it must ensure that
>    the same IP is not used twice, hence in the above situation it must
> know about the DHCP address.

Not sure I get it still, sorry :)  Could you explain which additional
attributes you would want to add to the relevant types found in the
infrastructure doc?

Btw, to support customer's leasing static IP-addresses I choose to create
a custom IPAddress Resource for that purpose. Not sure if that help your
case but it is an example of how you can solve different implementation
specific use cases.

regards, Ralf