[occi-wg] Fwd: vCloud API

shlomo.swidler at gmail.com shlomo.swidler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 02:46:59 CDT 2009

Sam,

I meant "it's not necessary to distinguish a virtual floppy..." for the use
case I described (transferring data without using the network).

For legacy apps that rely on a resource called a "floppy drive" it is
needed. And I agree that the way to do this is to designate it with an
adjective (= attribute), like the word "floppy". If there was some verb that
you could do to a "floppy" disk which distinguished it from a non-"floppy"
disk then "floppy disk" *might* be justified as a separate noun. [I am of
course ignoring the oft-overlooked use case for floppy disks: frisbee.]

.. Shlomo