[occi-wg] Deadline for consensus

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue May 26 09:54:17 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Roger Menday
<roger.menday at uk.fujitsu.com>wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> not to undervalue your hard work, but in my opinion I don't think we will
> be able to make a decision this week. We don't have all the time in the
> world, but I don't fancy rushing a decision on this one.

If you're right and we can't make a decision this week (bearing in mind that
all the information we need to make it is already on the table) then I fear
we'll not be able to make a decision at all. It certainly wouldn't be the
first working group to lose inertia after getting caught up in a religious
debate and it won't be the last, but we need to draw the line somewhere and
get on with the job. Public perception aside, it's important that we don't
miss the only opportunity we have to gather information from an OGF event
rather than wasting even more of everyone's time.

What more do you need for us to get out of this rut because I'm beginning to
lose faith... what started as something I was proud to be involved in is
fast becoming an embarassment.

Sam