[occi-wg] "Approachability" of API

Richard Davies richard.davies at elastichosts.com
Mon May 18 04:07:06 CDT 2009

Sam Johnston wrote:
> The reason we want a simple API is that it be approachable. It's easier
> for people write to SMTP, HTTP, etc. because they can kick the tyres and
> learn the ropes with telnet:

I absolutely agree with this, but regard it as an argument in favour of
POJ/POX over AtomPub.

I think we're agreed that a text rendering would be good to have, but will
be an optional supporting format for integration, at best.

That means that I'm also interested in making the core format approachable
and something with which people can kick the tyres and learn the ropes using
telnet.

My feeling is that a POJ/POX rendering is a smaller amount of JSON/XML with
less wrapping around it, and will be much easier for people to get to know
by hand.

Richard.