[occi-wg] Is OCCI the HTTP of Cloud Computing?

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Thu May 7 02:44:44 CDT 2009

Hi Randy,

By "clone" I mean "copy the image" if set to yes or "use the original"
if set to no. What other meaning do you have in mind?

Also, for me "stop" means stop the VM and dump the state onto a file.
"suspend" would be stop it but keep the state in memory.

BTW, there is something in state machine diagram [1]  that I still
don't understand. The entry point (after start) I take it as the
"defined" or "pending" state. If that is correct, then we have our VMs
going always from the initial state to "suspended". Is that what we
want?

Regards,

-Tino

[1] http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.occi-wg/wiki/StateModel

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova