[occi-wg] Instance runtime API

Randy Bias randyb at gogrid.com
Tue Apr 21 00:55:28 CDT 2009

Will have to be MAC.  URL example is fine.  Passing MAC up from networking
stack will be painful requiring a custom low-level listener.  Implementation
will be susceptible to hacking if providers do not enforce MAC addresses at
switch/vswitch ports.

Alternative is to say that Œmachine-id¹ is always deposited in / or C:\ and
has UUID.

--Randy

--
Randy Bias, VP Technology Strategy, GoGrid
randyb at gogrid.com, (415) 939-8507 [mobile]