[occi-wg] Instance runtime API

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Mon Apr 20 06:01:18 CDT 2009

Andy,

Actually this is something I had provided for as I think it's some nice low
hanging fruit that provides *significant* value. While wary of scope creep
I'm also wary of people having to implement multiple APIs for basic
funcitonality that we could/should provide - basic storage/network
manipulation being an obvious example.

My proposed solution for this is that the cloud provider simply allow the
workload to transparently authenticate to OCCI via its IP/MAC address and/or
[virtual] interface. We could use a well known alias like "self" so as the
machine can just pull down http://example.com/self (without needing to know
its own UUID) and extract from that any
state/configuration/introspection/other information it needs.

Does that adequately meet this requirement?

Sam