[occi-wg] Nouns and Verbs (was: Syntax of OCCI API) - state model

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Fri Apr 17 08:23:36 CDT 2009

IMHO I think "migrating"  and/or "migrated" are states that doesn't
make sense under the point of view of a Cloud API, this should be
something internal completely transparent to the user. Also, I am not
sure that we need the "copied" state. What does it mean exactly?

Aside from that I kind of like the model. I would suggest adding a
"suspending" state (or "saving" since it presumabley the VM is going
to dump a snapshot) and also a "finished" state and "failed" state to
handle errors.

What do you think?